Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh my!

I surprised myself today. I made the best marinara I have ever had. HA! I don't mean to brag, but to share. I could not believe it! Here is what I did:
Heat 1 tbls oil in a pan
Add 3 tbls of crushed or minced garlic and 1 small onion
saute for a minute, then add 1 small can of tomato paste and let cook for 2 minutes. Stir a little to make sure nothing burns.
Remove and put into crock pot. (This is just what I did and I have no idea how it turned out so well, so that's what I'm telling you!)
Brown ground beef, removing fat. Add 1 tbls oregano and a pinch of salt. Add 1 can of diced Italian tomatoes that has been pureed and 1 small can of tomato sauce. Let reduce for about 5 minutes, then add to crock pot. Add another can of diced Italian tomato pureed and tomato sauce and paste. Add 1 tbls of basil, 1 tbls sugar, and 1 tsp parsley. Let simmer until ready to eat.

I have no idea what happened, but it tasted amazing tonight and everyone agreed. Good luck if you try it and let me know how it goes!
Sorry no pictures, I hadn't planed on posting this.

No comments: